The new Erasmus programme 2021-2027 has been launched. The first annual work programme (see programme guide 2021) and the call 2021 have also been published.
The programme’s budget is €26.2 billion, compared with €14.7 billion for 2014-2020. This will be complemented by about €2.2 billion from the EU’s external instruments.
The 2021-2027 programme puts emphasis on social inclusion, the green and digital transitions, as set out in the European Education Area. Overall, the programme is expected to triple the number of participants, bringing them up to 10-12 million people by 2027.
What is in for Vocational Education & Training
The new programme reinforces learning mobility activities for VET learners and staff. Organisations that want to carry out frequent mobility activities can be accredited to obtain regular access to funding. The programme also provides means to form partnerships between organisations to learn from each other or to develop innovative methods or solutions. The Centres of Vocational Excellence will support local eco systems to boost innovation and entrepreneurship with vocational education and training skills.
Under Key Action 1 (Learning mobility of individuals) the programme provides funding for the following activities:
Staff mobility (working in initial and continuing vocational education and training)
- Job shadowing
- Teaching assignments
- Courses and training
Learners mobility (learners and apprentices in initial and continuing vocational education and training)
- Participation in skills competitions
- Short-term learning mobility
- Long-term learning mobility (ErasmusPro)
Within any mobility activity, a vocational education and training learner might benefit from the Digital Opportunity Traineeships (DOT) focusing on acquisition and reinforcement of digital skills.
Other supported activities:
- Invited experts
- Hosting teachers and educators in training
- Preparatory visits
Deadline 2021 call: 11/05/2021
Under Key Action 2 (Partnerships for cooperation), the Programme provides funding for the following types of projects:
- Cooperation partnerships
- Small-scale partnerships
- Partnerships for Excellence and Innovation
Deadline 2021 call: 20/05/2021
VET priorities for 2021
Apart from the general priorities applying to all Erasmus+ sectors (social inclusion, green & digital transition and civic engagement), actions contributing to the following objectives linked to the Council Recommendation on VET and the Osnabrück Declaration will be supported in 2021:
- Adapting vocational education and training to labour market needs;
- Increasing the flexibility of opportunities in vocational education and training;
- Contributing to innovation in vocational education and training (digital & green transitions);
- Increasing attractiveness of VET based on modern and digitalised provision of training/skills;
- Promoting equal opportunities;
- Improving quality assurance in vocational education and training;
- Creation and implementation of internationalisation strategies for VET providers.
More information on the applicable rules and deadlines can be found in the 2021 Erasmus+ Call for Proposals and the Programme Guide.
Contact the Erasmus+ National Agency of your country for more information and guidance.