The European Commission has opened two calls for applications to award excellence in Vocational Education and Training (VET) providers and SMEs.
The Innovative VET provider Award aims to identify a European provider of Vocational Education and Training (VET) that has contributed to VET excellence through innovative practices.
The European VET provider must showcase innovation and inspire other VET providers to create excellence in VET, making learners, trainers, companies and society all winners.
You can find more information on the eligibility and selection criteria in this document and submit your application via this on-line form.
The Training at Work Award (“Professional training in micro, small and medium enterprises at various career stages”) has 3 main objectives:
- to give visibility to excellent practices from all over the European Union
- to draw public attention to the topic of learning throughout professional lives and new practices and policies
- to focus on learning that takes place beyond initial education to support further skills acquisition for successfully managing career transitions and progression
For more information on the award, the eligibility and selection criteria, please see this information leaflet and fill in the application form.
Both awards are open for applications until 27 September 2017 and they will be given at the closing ceremony of the European Vocational Skills Week on 24 November 2017.
Moreover, the Commission has put in place network of VET Week Ambassadors to promote the European Vocational Skills Week and its objectives and to mobilise for a strong participation. Additionally, they should also highlight one or several of the sub-themes of the Skills Week. In 2017 these sub-themes will be the following:
- mobility of learners and apprentices
- sectoral skills approaches
- business-education partnerships
For more information please see the relevant information leaflet.