Between the 21st and 25th of October a delegation of 8 VET teachers, directors and staff from Barcelona participated in a weekly study visit in Prague to learn about the Czech Vocational Education and Training System, as part of the Erasmus+ staff mobility project organised by Fundació BCN Formació Professional.
The city of Prague organised an excellent programme of activities and visits that included a one day individual job-shadowing experience in a VET School for every participant. In this sense participants were placed in the following schools according to their field of expertise:
- Pedevropska, Tertiary and Secondary school for Pedagogy, Social Affairs and General Education;
- SSSEP9, Tertiary and Secondary school of Electro technicians, Multimedia and Informatics;
- COPTH, Technical and Economic Training Center;
- Gymnázium Na Zatlance, General Education;
- Sougastro, VET School of Gastronomy, Hostelry and Tourism;
- SZS Ruska, Secondary Medical school;
- Betlemska, Secondary Technical School of Mechanical Engineering
The study visit also included meetings with Prague’s Chamber of Commerce to learn about its role and projects in Vocational Education and Training. In this sense several projects of the Chamber of Commerce aiming at promoting Vocational Education Training offer among primary and secondary students were visited. The Top Kemp project, for instance, organises workshops in SMEs to motivate younger students to choose Vocational Education courses and at the same time provides small companies with the skilled workers they need.
Additionally participants also visited SPS DOPRAVNI, Prague’s Transport Vocational School, owned by the city’s public transport company that offers a kind of dual training to their students and future employees.
Jarov Secondary Technical School was also visited, as the biggest VET School in Prague and most active in the Erasmus+ programme.
Moreover participants had the honour to be welcomed by Vit Simral, Prague’s City Councillor of Education.