Xarxa FP obtains the Erasmus accreditation
Erasmus accreditation is a tool for education and training organisations in adult education, vocational education and training (VET), and school education that want to open up to cross-border exchange and cooperation. Award of the Erasmus accreditation confirms that the applicant has set up a plan to implement high quality mobility activities as part of a wider effort to develop their organisation.
Accredited Erasmus organisations will gain simplified access to Key Action 1 funding opportunities under the future Programme (2021-2027).
Xarxa FP will lead a Consortium that will allow the Vocational Schools of the Spanish city members (Alcoi, Barcelona, Gandia, Granada, Madrid, Mislata and Reus) to send students & staff enrolled in Basic VET courses to other European cities members of the network.
The purpose of this initiative is to promote the mobility of Basic VET students and staff (currently much lower than VET mobility in general), targeting vulnerable groups of students, and support the internationalisation of their Vocational Schools.
Our Erasmus Plan has 5 main objectives:
- To boost the skills and competences of Basic Vocational Training students through international stays (in companies) in order to improve their employability and transition to post-compulsory studies.
- To increase the mobilities of underprivileged students of Basic Vocational Training, placing special emphasis on immigrant and refugee learners and disadvantage young people.
- To promote the professional development of Basic VET staff and teachers and the educational & pedagogical innovation in their VET centres of origin through international activities.
- To strengthen the management skills on internationalisation and cross-border cooperation of the VET centres management team.
- To develop projects on exchange of knowledge & good practices and innovation between the consortium’s VET centres and the European members of Xarxa FP.